The DBQ Project is a custom web app that helps a million students each year, think, analyze, and write more clearly. It was designed and launched within 6 months with over 10,000 pages of content and works across mobile and desktop devices using HTML5.
Come learn about the design, feedback and development process as we dissect and go behind the scenes to deep dive into why students and teachers love the tool.
From Nick and Kristen:
– A DBQ is a document based question.
– Most seniors in high school write 1 or more DBQ’s as part of their college admission.
– DBQ use too limited to honors students and The DBQ Project team has worked with schools across the US over the past 15 years to offer to all students.
– Teachers now start as young as kindergarten teaching the key process and so as students move thru elementary school they are able to break down, analyze and start writing at an higher grade level.
– The platform launched in 2016 and we continue to expand, upgrade and add features annually based on use and needs working with teachers and classes to gather feedback.